Friday, July 10, 2009

Anticipating the prayer-room kickoff!

Hey readers!

I want to thank you all so much for your e-mails and facebook messages of encouragement, especially since one of our last blogs, when we talked about trying to be OK with the reasons God has us here, rather than forcing our agenda. It means a lot to us to have you reading and commenting on our blog, and to have you e-mailing and messaging us.

I wish I had been able to post about this earlier but I hope some of you read this in time to pray for it! God laid it on my heart several weeks ago to facilitate a 24/7 creative prayer room for the team here on the base to gather as a community and pray. My hope is that it will offer a quiet space for people to regather their thoughts, spend some intimate time with the Father, and be refreshed through that communion. It starts tonight (Friday) at 8pm our time (2pm your time!) and continues non-stop until Sunday at 6pm our time (about noon your time), when Mikey will lead us all in corporate worship to celebrate at the end of the event. I have spent this week planning and purchasing needed items, and the previous several weeks leading up to it, praying.

Please join me in praying that:
-this will be a time of restoration for team members here
-members of/volunteers from the communities we serve in would accept our invitations and be able to come join us in prayer
-i would step aside and be concerned about realizing GOD'S vision for this prayer room rather than mine
-i would have all the materials and help i need to accomplish GOD'S vision for this prayer room
-i would allow God to define the success of this prayer room in my heart and not allow myself to be disappointed, self-critical or discouraged by anything that happens between Friday and Sunday (as you know I am apt to do!)

I know this is short but I wanted to put this out there for you to be helping through your prayers!

Much love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment