Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To our many readers:

I didn't realize how many of you there were! This last week, especially, I got to talk to many of you face to face and it revealed that truth to me. I am just now registering--after those conversations--that this realization was a gift to me...a reminder that we're not in this life alone and that people care about our journey. I guess I was looking at this blog as more of a formality--putting our experiences out there just to say we did but more for our own processing-purposes--but now that I know how many of you are truly investing in and listening to us here, I feel so different about writing posts. I have a heightened sense of responsibility to you all--to be honest, to not hold back, to show you how grateful we are.


It's really a curious thing, the feeling you get from sharing your life with someone else. There have been many times over the past month of adjusting that I have felt very alone, as if I were the only one going through such uncertainty and having such a hard time with trust. But last week, you had the opportunity to share with me similar feelings and reveal that you are going through transitions just as difficult. It encourages me that our being open about our lives gives "permission"--if you will--for you to be open with us in the realization that we all share this common experience of being human.


I know that I've said this to you already, when I found out that you are following our blog, but I have to reiterate it here to let you know that when I say "THANK YOU for reading our blog" I truly mean it. You have helped me to remember that I'm not alone.


So, in the spirit of this post, and knowing that we are tied to one another through the sharing of our lives, here are some ways that you can be praying for us right now!


Please pray for true wisdom, clarity and trust in these HUGE areas:

*We are searching for a house, starting "officially" tomorrow

*We are in need of a vehicle for Mikey

*We (maybe Laura more than anything) are uncertain about Mikey's career/job

and that in the midst of making these life decisions, Mikey and I will be able to pursue, invest in and communicate with one another


I will try to update again as life continues to unfold!

Thank you, thank you, thank you...


Love,

Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment